Friday 31 July 2020

Mixed Media Glass - Altered Art "Say Goodbye to the Pain"

Hello lovely crafty friends,
Hoping all of you are doing well and staying healthy with your family.
Today I have this gorgeous altered art piece, which is a Mixed Media Glass. I was inspired with the wonderful July challenge at More Than Words. This glass has its own story. When this glass broke and I got hurt from inside and outside too (I was sad because this glass was going to end up by throwing into a dustbin). So I decided to transform this glass into a Home Decor piece to ease my soul. The below mentioned quote inspired me so much along with the challenge's word inspiration "Goodbye". 

"If you are brave enough to say Goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello' Paulo Coelho

For Creative challenge "Monochromatic", I have used different shades of green colour and finished my project with the touch of Gold. 




This piece can be used as beautiful home decor. I made it from scratch, using some mixed media techniques.  I have tried to make minimal use of fancy supplies. 

Are you interested to know how?

Click below for Step by step tutorial:




I hope you all love them as much as I do.

Thank you so much for stopping by.


STAY SAFE AND Healthy


Much love,
Dr Monika Shukla
UrooCreations

I am entering these home decor pieces into following amazing challenges:

More Than Words July Challenge : GOODBYE and MONOCHROMATC


Mixed Media Place - July 2020 Challenge



(As the July mood board presents a big image of Sea shells, these beautiful sea shells are my all time favourite, so I have added loads of them into this altered glass. The colours from the mood board are Green and Gold which inspired me so much to transform a broken wine glass into a treasured home decor item.)

Stamplorations : SUMMER Challenge

9 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at More Than Words Challenges!

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Fantastic work my dear!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

Heather McMahon said...

Wow - this is such a striking piece! So glad you could join us at More Than Words this month.

Yulia said...

Very beautiful! Thanks from MTW! Yulia🙂

katrinpoemg said...

wow this is very cool, thanks for joining with us at MTW good luck

sallysbitz2 said...

Another stunning creation from you x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Jane Austin said...

Hi Dr Monica, this is gorgeous & is a lovely way of saving something from the bin. Thanks for joining us this month on Bleeding Art & good luck
Jane 🌴 DT member

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful piece, such beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art this month. Judy DT

Maria Lillepruun said...

OMG, this is so ou of the ordinary! Gorgeous glass! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media Place!

Steampunk Notepad for Lindy's Gang - Step by step Tutorial

  Hello sweeties, I have designed a steampunk notepad for Lindy’s Gang blog. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders (Rizzo’...