Tuesday 30 June 2020

Mixed Media Wall Hanging : Upcycled Art

Hello lovely crafty friends,
Hoping all of you are doing well and staying healthy with your family.
This time I have a cute tiny wall hanging made up of all scratch found at home and some lovely sea shells collected from my very first trip to the very beautiful beach which comes on top of the beach in the United Arab Emirates. Now this wall hanging always reminds me of my trip to such a lovely beach.



   


I used a simple cardboard which was from packaging and in oval shape. First I matted the oval shape cardboard with two layers of cardstock to make it more thick and applied White Gesso to cover it from both sides. Used stencil randomly and then adhered all the elements along with a cute start (It was from last year Christmas decoration). I added some extra textures to the surface by sticking dried Gesso using 3D Matt Gel. Then had so much fun playing with some Lindy's Gang Magical shakers and sprays. Dried it completely and used blue metallic acrylic paint to add the spark into my project. For the final finish used Finnabair waxes (Amethyst Magic and Vintage Gold).
A little video of this cute DIY Wall Hanging:

I hope you all love this wall hanging...

Thank you so much for stopping by.

STAY SAFE AND Healthy


Much love,
Dr Monika Shukla
UrooCreations


I am entering this cute wall hanging into following amazing challenges:

Mixed Media Place - June 2020 Challenge

1 comment:

Inna Bronnikova said...

Wow !!! Very beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place.

Steampunk Notepad for Lindy's Gang - Step by step Tutorial

  Hello sweeties, I have designed a steampunk notepad for Lindy’s Gang blog. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders (Rizzo’...