Monday 29 January 2018

The Big Story

"The Big Story"

Hello My Creative Friends!!

It's Monika from UrooCreations going to share most lovable project made by me specially for my sweet and caring brother. I  featured my brother for the first time.


This is going to be my first project which I have created using Lindy's Magical shakers to enter into ongoing monthly challenges at Lindy's Stamp Gang Blog and Scrap the Boys Blog.




Here is a small story behind this creation. To celebrate the great start of 2018, I ordered for second item from Lindy's Stamp Gang that was 2017's Magical Shaker 10-pack (original colors). I have ordered this from an Indian online craft store Dadarkar Arts. This store is so fabulous offering great deals to shop with. I really love to shop more and more for Lindy's. I am soooooo mad about each of product from this awesome brand. As I was waited so eagerly to make something using these amazing magical shakers, but the day my order arrived, I was going to my parents home. So I just packed some of stuff like, Lindy's Magical Shakers,  art Extravagance Rust effect Paste, art alchemy Metallique wax (Vintage Gold), Tim Holtz clipping stickers, some stencils, tacky glue and a brush that's it. I was in such hurry and don't want to miss my Bus. Actually my brother got some leave all of sudden from his course, so we all want to do a small get together at my mum place. It was loads of fun to be with My Mummy, Papa, sister and brother after a long break.



So I spared one night to fulfill my craftiness at my mum place and created three projects within five hours including this layout. This was so challenging for me. These all projects were created by using minimum craft supplies, as I mentioned above.



For giving background and base for colors, I have prepared a homemade texture paste by purchasing some so common items from local market. I found a very helpful tutorial YouTube Channel for making this easy and quick texture paste from a very creative artist Lynnea Hollendonner. I am so sorry for making this post so heavy, Hope you all will enjoy this section.
So now coming back to project.


I created the background by using old magazine papers (as I don't have any of pattern paper), homemade texture paste, magical shakers & rust effect paste and then did some stencil to add brick wall effect by using rust effect pastes on top. I added some texture paste and rust effect paste to the edges of layout along with featured image. At the end added some clipping stickers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology, handmade flowers (colored with Lindy's Magical shakers) and some sequins for final finish.





Few more close-ups:






List of Supplies:

Water color Card stock
Old Magazine Papers
Old File folder (for adding to the back of card stock)
Homemade Texture Paste (click here for recipe)
Lindy's Magical Shaker 2017's (original colors)
* Cuckoo Clock Cardinal
* Oktoberfest Orange
* Bratwurst Brown
* Yodeling Yellow
* Lederhosen Laurel
* Guten Tag Teal
* Black Forest Black
Prima Marketing Inc: Finnabair-  Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste
Tim Holtz idea-ology: Clipping Stickers
Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Handmade Flowers
Multi color Sequins (from local market of my hometown)


I was so inspired with the mood board of the following challenges to create this awesome layout:


Here is this  Lindy's Stamp Gang color challenge graphic and the challenge was to add Glitter or Sequins.





And here is the New Year Challenge graphic of Scrap the Boys, who says you can't use flowers on a boy layout!!

Flowers always catch my attention. I love looking at Flowers on my makeup table, on my kitchen window or in the living area. Flowers can means so much that there is a language of flowers known as Floriography- that gained recognition in the Victorian Era.
Flowers are always used to send loved ones messages of adoration, friends messages of loyalty and even sending secret messages of love too. Flowers have so much power. I really love to add loads of flowers in my project.
I hope you'll like this layout as much as I do. I wish I'll be able to inspire you a little, if yes then please let me know by leaving some love on my work. 
I really love to read your precious comments, My Friends!!!

Here sharing a quick video of the layout!!


Please visit my so little social network places and leave some love, My Dearies!!!


I will be entering this layout into following amazing challenge:

1. Lindy's January Challenge (I was inspired with the whole mood board and tried to capture it in my project)
2. Scrap the Boys Challenge: Happy New Year- New Challenge
3. Mixed Media Place: January Challenge (I was inspired to create a layout full of green, sky blue, brown colors with some frosty touch to it)


No comments:

Steampunk Notepad for Lindy's Gang - Step by step Tutorial

  Hello sweeties, I have designed a steampunk notepad for Lindy’s Gang blog. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders (Rizzo’...