Sunday 31 December 2017

A Sweet Story

Hello and Happy Holidays My Scrappy Friends.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come. I am fortunate to have friends who bring so much joy and happiness to this life.  May you all have the biggest, happiest and craziest celebration on New Year's eve.
 I wish for you all the love you have shown me. 

I am super excited to share this project today. I had a blast making this. I can say this is one of my best mixed media project  in my creations. 



I made this layout to enter into Scrap The Boys-December Challenge- Christmas...maybe! I was so inspired with the picture board of this challenge. This theme inspired me a lot to make a layout full of colors. I am so much inspired with sweet Rachel Lowe. Her creations always amazed me every time. Thank you so much Dear Rachel for sharing your gorgeous work. All layouts by the Design Team of Scrap the Boys blog for this month are just stunning as well.



Here is my favorite mixed media layout featuring my sweet husband and my little boy "UROO".


I am in love with this layout so much.I love this because; it is featuring my love of life, lifeline, joy, happiness, and handsome boys. Hopefully you all will like this as much as I do.

I’ve used American Crafts papers and Papericious card stock in making of this layout. 

I used Lindy’s Starburst Sprays for the first time, and this is second reason of my madness for this project. I am in love with these sprays so much and feeling so lucky to have them now. If I start to explain how much I am in love with Lindy’s sprays then this post going to be super heavy in text. So I will be going to post my feeling for Lindy’s Spray in future when my baby will give me more time to write. Actually my two year old son doesn’t allow me to write and now he is sleeping (any crafty mum can understand this situation very well). Ohhh…I am talking a lot. Coming back to the project, Here I am sharing some more images of this awesome layout with step by step process mentioned below the images.








Process:
-Applied Heavy gesso to create a base to play with sprays and making colorful background.

-Used Lindy’s Sprays- Drop Dead Diva collection(Drop Dead Gorgeous Green, Maintenance Magenta, Prima Donna Purple and Bling-y-Blonde), Papericious-Spritz (Marsala, Deap Teal and Golden Yellow), Madras Bazaar- Pearl Ink Spray (Wood Brown and American Green). 
-After drying, I have used some sentiment stamps with VersaColor- Black ink for stamping on colorful background. Then added my favorite picture by adding some sheets behind the picture.

-Added some die cut elements (handmade flowers and leaves) and then added a heat embossed (Nuvo Embossing Powder- Ballerina Pink) sentiment chipboard piece (Treasured Memories).
-Stamped the big sentiment "LOVE you much" on the right corner and did additional background stamping here and there.

-Added Tim Holtz- idea-ology (Clipping Stickers) as secondary sentiments, "A Sweet Story", "Before you say good-night" and "Yes, my darling".

-Added a one more die cut sentiment from American Crafts Paper collection “YOU MAKE MY HEART SING” on the left corner to give it a final finish.
-Now this layout done.

List of Supplies:

Papericious Spritz-Golden Yellow, Marsala and Deep Teal
Madras Bazaar Pearl Ink Sprays- Wood Brown and American Green
VersaColor Ink- Black


This was such a fun challenge to play along with.


Hope you all like this little work of mine, do leave some love on my this sweet Boys layout.

See you all soon with another project. Thank you so much for visiting.
Stay Blessed.


Hugs
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
UrooCreations

I am sharing this layout to enter following challenge....
Scrap the Boys-December Challenge- Christmas....May be!

No comments:

Steampunk Notepad for Lindy's Gang - Step by step Tutorial

  Hello sweeties, I have designed a steampunk notepad for Lindy’s Gang blog. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders (Rizzo’...